Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Two Days!

Roughly 48 hours from now we should know the outcome of our court date. I am so unsure of the emotional state I should assume now. I really want to be excited, but that could very well lead to disappointment. I feel like I should be realistic, realizing that things may not go as we hope, but that seems like no fun. It is so hard though not to get my hopes up. I want my baby girl home and I want her now. That's not asking too much is it? :) What I want most of all is for her to come home soon so she can be evaluated by the doctors here and they can tell me everything is going to be just fine and no surgery is required. That would be the best news! Passing court this first time would go a long way toward easing my worries.

Here is what is going to be happening in Ethiopia the next couple days (8 hours ahead of central standard time). Late tonight/early tomorrow morning MOWA (Ministry of Women's Affairs) will look over our file and all the documents pertaining to Baby E. If they feel everything is in order they will issue a positive opinion and hand it all over to the court. Then tomorrow night/early Thursday morning the Judge will review everything and issue a verdict. We may pass this first time around, we may not. If we don't pass, sometimes the file can be left open and the issue can be resolved quickly, other times it may be a few more weeks until the next court date. Please be praying that all the paperwork would be in order and that the people who need to show up will show up and that nothing would hinder either MOWA or the Judge from giving a favorable opinion. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Matt and Kristi said...

Thank you for the new post. How about some new pictures? They can be of anything--your garden, your birds, the baby room, you as a baby, whatever. :) I'm on call today and I need something to brighten the day!

The Busters said...

Wow, I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now. I have been thinking of you a lot! I think it is nearly impossible not to get your hopes up. I know I have high hopes for Thursday!! Sending you lots of love!!

Mark and Heidi said...

Wow, I CAN imagine what you are feeling right now and I am praying that everything goes perfectly and you are booking tickets to Ethiopia in TWO DAYS! Also still praying that she doesn't need the surgery. I have a good feeling this is it, Lisa!! Can't wait to hear the news!!!!!

Michael and Katie said...

I am praying that you will pass the first time and be holding your precious daughter really soon!!!!

Tam and Kai - NYC said...

Come on MOWA!!!!
Thinking of you...