Sunday, May 31, 2009

Maybe a little too soon...it was a great deal though!

Yesterday we purchased our first item for our daughter! I hadn't planned on buying anything yet because I knew once we started buying things and had to look at them every day it would make the waiting all that much harder. I went to a few garage sales yesterday and just couldn't pass up a crib/toddler bed selling for only $10!!! Since we saved like $200 on a crib and mattress, we decided to splurge a little bit and bought a few bedding items to go with it. Hopefully our girl likes birds as much as we do :)




The dolls and animals are courtesy of grandmas. (The clothing I couldn't pass up because they have birds on the shirts.) Looking at this makes us so excited! It all actually seems more real now. We are going to be parents :) All this bed needs now is a little person to fill it. Perhaps it was a mistake to buy this so early on...

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I'm soooo excited. That is so cute. And only you guys would get bedding that has birds on it. It's reeeally cute though!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are buying early! You are meant to be parents one way or the other! It is beautiful! I am very excited for the both of you. Keep positive :) You both are a great encouragement to me. Love you guys!

Angie

Matt and Kristi said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

You guys are going to have so much fun accumulating little bits and pieces of baby stuff!

Anonymous said...

It's so sweet! Love it! Momma B